Table of Contents
Setting available days and times
Out of hours settings define how your calls are handled within certain time periods.
You can set your availability for each day of the week independently. Click on the button for a specific day to access availability settings.
- Available all day indicates you would like to receive calls at any time on this day
- Unavailable all day indicates you do not want to receive calls on this day
- Unavailable… allows you to specify a time period during which you are available to take calls
Setting call handling behaviour
You can decide what happens to your calls during out of office hours.
- Ask to leave to voicemail means callers will be prompted to leave a voicemail message.
- Redirect to another user means callers will be sent to a specified PhoneLine+ user within your comany.
- Redirect to another number means callers will be sent to a specified phone number. For example you could redirect to your mobile number or other external number.
For voicemail and redirect, you have the option to choose how many seconds the call will ring before it diverts.
For ‘Redirect to another number’, you have further options:
- Announce calls will inform the caller that they are being redirected
- Present dialled number will show the recipient the original number from which the call is being directed
If calls are not being handled correctly outside of working hours, please check the following:
- The Out of hours toggle is set to on within your Call Settings
- You have correctly selected the day / time that the settings should apply
- You have recorded / uploaded a voicemail greeting to be used during out of hours periods
- You have selected a user within your company to direct calls to during out of hours periods
- You have correctly entered another number to direct calls to during out of hours period
If you are not able to upload a voicemail greeting, please check the following:
- The file that you are trying to upload is no more than 1.5MB in size
- The greeting that you are trying to record is no more than 60 seconds in length
If you are still having issues with this feature, please contact your Service Provider.